Work with team lead to understand tasking and deliver system to required specifications. Work with stakeholders to understand and implement system components. Participate as a member of the SCRUM team in daily stand ups.
Specific duties include:
• Interface with sub-system software and systems engineers; responsible for gathering user requirements, assisting with implementation, and support to system integration & test
• Programming to include new development, bug fixes, and enhancements, as well as installation, monitoring and configuration programs and scripts
• Software testing, installation, configuration and upgrading
• Perform coding and unit test of new system components as they are defined
• Documentation of all software developed; documentation to include application and interface documentation, Version Description Documents (VDD), User’s Manuals, and Trouble Shooting guides
• Must be able to take the initiative, tackle implementation tasks, and solve problems with minimal guidance, but still be a “team player”, meaning, be able to accept direction and decisions from the Lead SWE and the Lead SE
• Experience with Container Yard a plus
• Background in SIGINT, Cyber and/or IA
• Background in use of workflow orchestrators or rules processing engines such DROOL, Camunda, jBPM, or Activiti is a strong plus
• Background in use of ASDF, TSDF, or BloodyMary
• Background in use of JMS (ActiveMQ) topics and queues
• Exposure to Agile and SCRUM methodology a plus
• 20 years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Software Developer using OO techniques and Java
• Developing middleware or presentation layer software is a strong plus
• Minimum 10 years’ in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity as a Software Engineer supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
• 7 years’ experience with JAVA
• Minimum of 3 years experience developing REST services, Camel
• Minimum of 3 years experience using Spring/SpringBoot
• Experience with Machine Shop
• Experience with Jenkins, Maven and/or Git